Saturday, February 9, 2008

First Full Camp!!

Greetings from Gifford Elementary School and the first full rehearsals of the 2008 season!

These are crazy months with people missing out because of winter formal, swim meets, ACT's , honors band auditions.  We have had a good turnout so far despite all of these things and as of right now we are pretty much the same size as 2007.  Of course - we can always use more people - so we will be asking everyone to "bring a friend" to the next rehearsals.

I already like what I see as far as the work ethic and attitude of this group and I think this will be one of our stronger years.  These first camps are always kind of strange because there is so much snow on the ground and it is cold outside - yet we are starting to teach the concepts the members will be using in June and July!  I will be taking a bunch of footage (some will end up in the annual DVD) and I will be editing it and sending it out to my brother who is the web master for our Brigade web site.  Look for the winter camp video clips to appear on the site very soon.

Today's marching member "shout-out" goes out to: Justina (front ensemble)

No comments: