Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Deja vu........I still hate snow days!!

     Just one week ago I wrote that I hate snow days......and here we go again.  At first I wasn't too upset that we had another snow day today because I always thought that after three snow days - you wouldn't have to make up anymore that happen after that.  Well, all teachers got an email from the district stating that, yes we will have to make up all days missed.  If this is the case - we went from having a Tuesday being the last day of school to a Monday the following week.  This would make the next day record's day (which means I still can't start band camp until 1:00pm).  The first true 9-9 day of band camp will now be starting an entire week later.

     What this means is that everything will simply have to be sped up from now until band camp.  We will have to teach drill faster and the members will have to learn drill (and retain it) faster.  I do think we are up to the challenge and it should prove to be an exciting next few months before our first show.  But.....I still hate snow days!!!!

     As soon as I can figure out this mess, I will hand out new schedules and post the new dates/times on the web site.

     Today's Brigade marching member "shout-out" goes out to: Bennett (snare)

No comments: