Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Season Update

"From The New World" is turning out to be a fantastic production for us! We have completed four field shows and the members have been improving each time out. To be honest - we don't agree with some of the scores (some scores we agree with - but others.....not so much). We have been telling the members that what a judge says or what score they give on any given night or how another band performs is out of our control. The ONLY thing we can control is how the Lighthouse Brigade rehearses and performs - and we are doing an amazing job each day and each show. I am already SOOOOO proud of the members this year and I hope the scores for our next bunch of shows reflect where I think we should be scoring.

I personally think we should be winning the visual execution caption and I feel that our percussion should be right up there with the other bands. It's hard to take the visual general effect caption when you are smaller than the other bands - but with our guard show being close to complete - I think that score can go way up. Musically - it is amazing what our horn line does with less members than our competition. They are asked to do so much with my drill and they are expect to play everything and never "bag out"! The quality of sound from them is really great. Our color guard should be more competitive this week - so I am excited to see where we end up. We don't do this just to "win" or get first place - but it's just more fun when you are in the thick of the competition.

See you at the HOME SHOW!!

- Rex out

No comments: