Friday, July 18, 2008

2008 - another season done!


Just as fast as the 2008 season started - the uniforms, instruments, equipment, and truck have been put away until the 2009 season gets underway. I was very happy with the field show production of "From The New World" and even though I didn't agree with some of our scores and even our placements - I could not have asked for more from our members, staff and parents. The show we "left on the championship field" in Traverse City was awesome and the crowd loved us. I am so very proud of our marching members and they improved their performances each and every night!

Lighthouse Brigade is a TEAM EFFORT and I would like to thank a number of people:

Racine Band Boosters - what an amazing group of parents who do everything from chaperoning, heading up our bingo games, preparing our awesome "Booster Dinners", organizing the home show, taking care of uniform fittings, fundraising, and a million other jobs. We would not be able to do what we do without your efforts and help! An extra shout-out goes to our executive board - Faith, Cheryl, Diane and Karen.

Brigade Staff - these are some of the most talented, dedicated and funny people I have ever had the pleasure to work with. I sometimes wonder if the members realize just how lucky they are to be taught by our staff. You inspire me each year and keep me young at heart!

Scott Musiel - not only is Scott one of the best truck drivers out there, he will do anything and everything for the Brigade and its members. We would be lost without him.

Gifford Elementary School Staff - they work hard to make us feel right at home.

Racine Unified School District - for their continued support.

Our Brigade alumni and fans - we always appreciate your support!

Our Brigade marching members - what you all did day after day and night after night this season was incredible to watch. I am so proud of all of you and I can't wait to see you back at the DVD release party!!

Believe it or not - I have already begun work on the season DVD and the music for 2009. Start making plans now to be a part of the 2009 (30th Anniversary) Brigade Season!!

- Rex out

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We had a great season and Rex is right. We cant get caught up in the scores we can only work hard to be the best we can be. I hope Rex doesnt put any Bears stuff on the DVD this year!

Anonymous said...

Rex likes the Bears? I never would have guessed that!