Monday, February 9, 2009

Know Your Brigade Staff

     My next "Know Your Staff" will focus on one of our percussion technicians - Meghan Christian.  I've known Meghan since she was my band student at Mitchell Middle School and it so much fun to now work with her as a staff member!  After two years in the Junior Brigade - Meghan began marching in the Lighthouse Brigade on bass drum in 2002 and then on snare 2003-2006 (ending her marching career with Brigade as drum line section leader during our championship season).  During her years in Brigade, our drum lines were among some of the best in our history and she was a big part of that.  So - here is how Meghan answered my questions:

Name: Meghan Christian

Position: Percussion Technician

Number of years on staff: second year

Marching Experience: Junior Brigade (2000-2001), Lighthouse Brigade (2002-2006)

College: University of Wisconsin - Eau Claire

Major: going for BFA

Main Instrument: Percussion

Home Town: Racine, WI

Birthday: May 18th, 1988

Favorite Food: fish and pasta

Top Five Favorite Movies: American Beauty, Lord of the Rings, Curse of the Golden Flower, Mulan and Gladiator

Favorite TV Shows: South Park, Scrubs, What Not To Wear

Book you are currently reading:  My Year of Meats

What is currently playing on your iPod: Radiohead

Favorite Sports: volley ball, badminton, horseback riding

Favorite games: FF, Risk, Chess, GTA, Fable, Portal, Civilization, The Sims.....

Favorite pig-out food: salted popcorn

Dream Vacation: Seoul, Korea

Worst Habit: nail biting

Hidden talent you have: random character impersonations

Famous person you have met: Johnny Yong Bosch (the original Black Ranger)

Famous person you would like to meet: Yoshitaka Amano, Alphonse Mucha, Gustave Klimt, Louis Sullivan and Giacomo Balla

Worst Fear: heights

Favorite Actor: Kevin Spacey

Favorite Actress: Meryl Streep

Favorite ride at Disney World: Mission Space

Add your own personal thoughts about the Lighthouse Brigade:  I can not seem to find the appropriate words to express my appreciation for what Brigade has done for me, but I will do my best.  Because of Brigade, I was able to meet interesting people and develop important character building skills that have proven useful as I go through my "post-adolescent idealistic phase".  Brigade is something I encourage for anyone interested in challenging themselves, making new friends, and creating powerful memories.  My years in the Lighthouse Brigade are something I will not easily forget and I am glad to be back on staff for this upcoming season!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We love you megan!