Saturday, January 17, 2009

Know Your Brigade Staff

     As another season gets underway - our many Brigade "rookies" will be learning how to do things the "Brigade Way".  This year we also have a "rookie" staff member - although he is certainly no stranger to Brigade.  I will be publishing posts every other week or so (in addition to my normal director blogs) about our amazing staff members.  This should prove to be a great way for members and parents to get to know our staff a little better.  I thought that starting out with our new staff member would be a terrific way to get the ball rolling!

Brigade Staff Member Q & A - Mike Kowbel

Name: Mike Kowbel

Staff Positions: Music and Visual Technician

Number of Years On Staff: First Year

Marching Experience: Madison Scouts Drum and Bugle Corps (2008) and Lighthouse Brigade of Racine (2005-2007)

College: Freshman at UW-Stevens Point - Music Education

Main Instrument: Trumpet

Home Town: Racine

Birthday: October 7th, 1989

Favorite Food: Barbecue

Top Five Favorite Movies: (1) Braveheart  (2) Gladiator  (3) The Notebook (yes, I like "The Notebook"!!)  (4) Tommy Boy  (5) Land Before Time (the first one....the only good one!!)

Favorite TV Shows:  Planet Earth series, Family Guy, The Office

Book Currently Reading: The Bible

Currently playing on my iPod: DRUM CORPS!!

Favorite Sports Team:  Packers

Favorite Pig Out Food: Barbecue

Dream Vacation: Anywhere tropical

Worst Habit:  The Cricket Noise....if you don't know - just ask me!!

Hidden Talent: Able to make lots of weird noises

Famous Person I Have Met: Wynton Marsalis

Famous Person I would like to Meet:  Sean Connery

Favorite Quote: "Be strong and courageous.  Do not be terrified: do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go."  Joshua 1:9

Favorite Actor: Mel Gibson

Favorite Actress: Angelina Jolie

Favorite Disney ride: Probably the safari....but after I go on the new Mountain roller coaster thing they just built - I bet it will be that!

My own personal thoughts on Brigade: Brigade shaped my life.  It gave me the chance to experience a whole new level of performance.  It is one of the main reasons why I want to be a music educator in the future.  I wouldn't have the deep passion for drum corps that I do if it weren't for Brigade.  It is an amazing organization that caters to all a student needs in a summer: friendship, performance, the sun, Disney World, air, water (lots of water!!), being active, and great food from the Boosters!!!  I love Brigade and that is why I'm so fired up to be teaching this summer!!






No comments: