Monday, March 3, 2008

Camp Update!

This past weekend was another camp for horn line and color guard.  All of our goals were accomplished including the horn line playing through the entire show and both the horn line and color guard having an elimination basics block (congrats to Jennifer - the last member standing!).

This weekend will be a camp for battery and front ensemble.  Their goal is to get through at least the intro and first movement together.  The next full camp for ALL sections will be Saturday and Sunday, April 5th and 6th.  I can't wait to hear full music ensemble.  At the April camp we will have "Show-And-Tell" again!  This will be on Sunday at around 5:20 and parents are encouraged to check it out!!  We will also have auditions for drum major.  It does not matter if you are a rookie or a veteran or what instrument you play - anyone may try out for drum major.  I highly suggest that many of you go through the process of the drum major tryouts.  Even if you don't get selected - it will still be a good learning experience.  I will be at the tryout as well as a number of staff members.  I give each of my staff one vote and I give myself one vote as well.  In the case of a tie - I will be the determining vote.  At the tryout the staff and I will:

- ask to see you conduct 4/4, 3/4 and 2/4

- ask to see you do a salute

- ask you some questions and let you ask us questions about being drum major

So, great job this weekend!  The music book sounds great (rough, but great!!).  It is going to be a fun show to march and clean.  The marching, for this time of the year, is simply some of the best marching I have seen from a Lighthouse Brigade.  I think this will be an area we can expect to be very competitive in show after show!

Today's marching member "shout-out" goes out to: Cory (trumpet)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

why does everyone think Matt is so mean? I think he is awesome and we are going to win marching this year.

Anonymous said...

how do u conduct 6/8 time?...since we do have it in the show.

Rex Rukavina said...

Are you sure there is 6/8?

Anyways - you would conduct 6/8 just like 2/4.

Anonymous said...

ok thanks yea there is 6/8 one time in the show...plus the parade tune

Anonymous said...

Hey, there's 6/4 in da show, but I don't c 6/8.

Rex Rukavina said...

Don't worry about the 6/4 for right now. We will only be asking to see 2/4, 3/4, 4/4